Senior Leadership Position (VP Level)
Brief on Capgemini:
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of almost 220,000 team members in more than 40 countries. The Group reported 2019 global revenues of EUR 14.1 billion.
Cloud Infrastructure Services:
The Infrastructure Services business unit reflects this joined up approach combining Capgemini’s consulting, infrastructure build and run capabilities in an integrated global sales and delivery model. The group provides infrastructure projects and outsourcing services, including date centre, end user computing, service integration, cloud platforms and cyber security. It executes a range of projects including consulting, infrastructure transformation and optimisation and business change led programmes.
With the rapid growth in digital led transformation, big data demand for data storage and access, and the impact of the growth cloud-based models, the infrastructure business is seeing rapid growth and the group is positioned to be a significant engine for Capgemini.
This role is pivotal in the expansion of the Cloud Infrastructure Services Projects and Consulting capability in India.
It is the link between the onshore C&E units and India practice and capabilities. This role has a hard-line reporting structure to the Global Head of GDC and, work closely with the Global Cloud Practice Heads and Regional (onshore) Heads of C &E.
· The role has responsibility for Service pyramid management, utilisation and capability growth in India. The candidate is responsible for building the C&E demand forecast from all the onshore teams as well as sales. The candidate ensures the demand forecast is reliable, timely and useable. He/she interfaces with the Global Cloud Practices to ensure the capability model meets the portfolio requirements.
· The role is responsible for achieving the India C&E growth targets. The candidate will define the strategy interlocking with the global Cloud practices and the regional Heads of C&E. The candidate is responsible for ensuring that strategy is executed effectively and managing priorities. A critical success factor is to ensure these plans are implemented to effect the strategic change in resource mix required to be competitive.
· Demonstrated capability in people management while leading a team of 1,000+ associates with a focus on improving diversity and inclusivity
· Ensure high quality review management, effective performance management, Job rotation, retention and the ability to hire top external cloud talent within a very competitive market. The leader must sell to candidates the vision and day to day culture.
· Create and track skill improvement program working closely with L&D team
· The role will involve collaboration with all business units across the Supply Chain in Cloud Infra, including:
– Sales & Account teams – to define strategy for Project sales pipeline
– Regional Heads of C&E
– Global Practices – to define the service offers and solutions, capabilities and resources
– Managed Service operations delivery units
– Alliance Partners
Key Performance Indicators:
· Substantial Offshore capability growth based on the demand for competencies in our strategic Cloud, and EUS technology
· Project and consulting revenue for the Indian resources; ARVE, IDC and GM to be key KPI’s.
· Cloud GDC factories in India to support economic cloud transformation for clients
The candidate will have
· A track record in leading and building offshore delivery centres – identifying, nurturing and gaining the key competencies needed in the marketplace; including driving performance of the unit against operational measures needed for a projects and consulting business.
· Whilst not an out-and-out salesperson per se, holding a clear aptitude for selling – possibly gained through operating in a “consulting principal” role of sell/deliver – or, for example, value engineering in a deal context
· Deep understanding of cloud technologies – potentially with a background covering both applications development and infrastructure management.
· Deep understanding of PnL and demonstrated track record of leading PnL
· Demonstrates passion for our business and constant hunger for outstanding performance
· Displays energy and drive, is resilient and overcomes challenges in various contexts
· Embodies the values of Capgemini, conveys the vision and fuels new initiatives
· Translates vision into initiatives and creates opportunities to develop markets / clients and adapt our Business
· Wins in the market, leveraging high expertise and insights
· Constantly brings value to widen positions in a sustainable way and build long-term partnerships
· Strives to drive profitable growth and exceed expectations
· Focuses on business results and provides an environment to inspire, attract and develop the best Talents
· Boosts teams and individuals’ potential to improve their engagement, performance, and career experience
· Mindful of individual situations, acts as a role model, leads as a coach, and empowers teams with integrity
· Promotes collaboration and cross-fertilisation across all organisations, to break silos and leverage the best teams, expertise and assets
· Is a change ambassador of our transformation
· Expands networks inside and outside to bring value
· Facilitates efficiency, speed and simplification in all actions
· Adapts to market changes and competitive pressures and enables fast learning
· Respects rules & aligns teams around collective performance, while taking risks and making courageous decisions
Disclaimer :The views expressed by the author in this article/blog/note are personal and have nothing to do with their organisation, or ITNext(a part of 9.9 group pvt ltd)